Monday, March 24, 2008

Sweetheart Top


I actually made the Jalie Sweetheart Top (#2794) before my LA trip, but just got around to posting the review over the weekend. I love Jalie patterns because of the large size range. It's nice to know if my daughter likes the garment, I can make it for her. I love the sweetheart neckline on this top, it's just a little different than any other pattern I own and it's a fun neckline to incorporate into my wardrobe. I made my usual size "R" and it fit very nicely. I had read some reviews on PR about ladies not having to make a FBA (full bust adjustment) so that made me a little concerned, but it seemed to work out just fine for me. In the above picture, I made it as is, but after wearing it, I felt like the bust area was a little too loose, so I went back and ripped the elastic out and tightened it up (I did this by shortening the elastic). The result was a closer fit to the chest and more gathering, however this pulled the neckline even lower, tho it still covered my bra fine. Next time I will raise the neckline a tad so when I apply the elastic it won't be quite so low. This is another great Jalie pattern, so if you're a Jalie fan, you'll probably really like this one too. I will definitely be making a few more of these tops! My review on PR.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Very cute top, Melissa. It has such a nice neckline.

Angelia said...

Love your top. I've never tried a Jalie top. Would you say their sizing is more like bwof or the big 4???

Like your blog to, I'm going to add it to my list! You make some beautiful things!

Melissa said...

Hi Angelia, thank you for your sweet compliments! You know I find Jalie things to be a little more fitted so I guess it would be more BWOF'ish since the big 4 seem to always run big on me. I really like Jalie and would definitely recommend you give their patterns a try. The three different ones I made have all went together super easy - the directions aren't too elaborate, but enough to guide you. You can buy them on PatternReview.com - the owner ships really fast too (that is where I bought mine from).

Have a wonderful evening!

Melissa