Thursday, March 13, 2008

LA or Bust

Tomorrow marks the long awaited Pattern Review West Coast Weekend in LA! I'm so excited, tho I'm not sure how excited I will be when my alarm rings at 3am. With such an early flight out, I have to get up before the crack of dawn but it will all be worth it.

Tomorrow I'm taking a handsewing class taught by Susan Khalje as well as attending her trunk show - should be inspiring. Then on Saturday we're going to shop til we drop in the garment district of LA!!! I am not going after anything particular at this point, tho I'm sure I'll find some treasures to bring home. I would like to find some more FOE in a rainbow of colors and some stretch lace trims too. I'll share my findings when I return.

I have been a busy bee sewing lately. I made the Jalie Sweetheart top last weekend, then I made three of the same top from 4/2007 issue of Burda (the first two needed tweaking) and then I also made a dress from the same issue. Oh and a blouse from 8/2007 issue of BWOF too which I worked on slowly but surely for over a week. I will share my pictures of those garments next week when I return as I just don't have enough time today to get everything photographed and edited and still get everything around the house done that needs to be taken care of before I get into bed.

Your prayers and positive thoughts for a safe trip would be appreciated. I really am not that keen on flying and traveling away from my family makes me a tad nervous. I just pray that I'm safe as well as my family while I'm away.

Lastly, thank you for the sweet birthday wishes, you're all so darn sweet! *smooch*

7 comments:

Rhoto said...

Hi Melissa!
Have a really good time, eh!! Especially enjoy getting to know our great PR members!!
'Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Anonymous said...

I hope I get to meet you!

Sigrid said...

Have a very nice weekend Melissa with the other PR members, I certainly hope to be able to join such a weekend when it's in Europe. Have a safe trip (I know how you feel, I don't like to fly and just did recently for the first time in over 15 years!)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with all those PR members (I'm jealous I can't go)! Have a safe trip and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about your trip when you get home!

Lori said...

Melissa, have a wonderful time. I just uploaded a podcast and Susan Khalje was my guest. She was a delight and you will have wonderful time plus learn so much. Please tell her hello. Can't wait to see all your pictures. Buy some fabric for me too!

kasizzle said...

I always have a hard time leaving my family, too, but relax and have a great time! I'm jealous!
You've earned a little time for yourself!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a safe and fun trip! You so deserve a fun sewing jaunt. I can't wait to hear about your new items and the trip. mssewcrazy