Wednesday, October 31, 2007
In other sewing, I've made Jack & Andy a few shirts from Ottobre, Andy two new pairs of PJ's, and did a few repair jobs (oh joy, one was a zipper replacement, bleck!). As much as I want to sew for me, I have a few gifts I need to get out of the way for upcoming events so those will take place first, but I think they are quick enough that I can get them done without too much time to spare.
Have a wonderful & safe Halloween!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Well I finally got my Baby (Lock that is) back yesterday. I will spare you all the details of the pain it caused me, but now all is forgotten. So now you ask why the picture of pillows? Good question, but I have an answer! I decided since I didn't know a time frame on the return of my machine, I would make some new pillows for our couch. The ones we had were beyond disgusting so I figured that would be a safe and productive project to do with my sewing machine. I had all the fabrics in my stash (they were all actually in the scrap box from other miscellaneous projects) so it was just the cost of four pillow forms which were 50% off this week at Joann's. So for less than $20 and a few hours (if that) of work, my couch is all spiffed up!
I have several things cut out for the boys and think that will be my next project. While I really want to work on stuff for me (haven't I been saying that forever now???), Andy needs new pj's and some long sleeved t-shirts and Jack is in need of a few shirts too. They are all cut out already so they should be pretty fast projects, unless I get side tracked by a Sudoku (my latest obsession ~ they are so addicting!).
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Friday, October 05, 2007
A better look at the Kwik Sew top...
Next up is the famous Jalie Crossover top - another clear winner that uses minimal fabric and takes less than 1 hour to make. I actually made myself three of these in the last two days - purple, red, and white.
Last up is a new Vogue Sandra Betzina pattern #2980. At first I wasn't sure about the top and if I was happy about how it turned out. Well I'm still not happy with the fit, but now that I've made another Jalie crossover top with the leftover fabric, I'm sure the problem is actually the fabric - I think it has a little too much recovery. So I will probably try it again when time allows. It sure is a cute twist on the ordinary t-shirt and went together pretty quickly.
In sad news, my serger has to go to the doctor tomorrow. I had a little mishap that needs repairing, plus it needs to be cleaned too. I think this will be a good opportunity for me to straight up the mess I've created in my studio and hopefully work on my muslin of the Burda top. Until next time, happy sewing!