Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm Not Tired

Here the rest of my house is sleeping peacefully and mommy is WIDE awake at nearly 1am! Why you might ask? Well could it be the caffeine I had in my diet Coke tonight??? Probably and it's all to blame on the fun Portland fabric shopping trip I took today with 3 gals from PatternReview today! I got to visit 7 shops (6 which were new to me) on our fabric tour and even bought a few goodies along the way. Then after our tour was over, one of the gals and I went to Fabric Depot and spent a few more hours there (thanks Tina!). Afterwards I figured I might as well stop by the Super Joann's on my way home, but found nothing I couldn't live without so grabbed a bite to eat (hence the caffeine) and now I'm paying for it.

So while up in the middle of the night, I decided to cruise around the net and peek at my favorite blogs and what should I find on Belinda's Blog but a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award. Intrigued as I haven't spotted this before I read on - here is what she wrote (this is direct copy from Belinda's blog):

A few days ago Sigrid nominated me for the Rockin' Girl Blogger. Thanks Sigrid!

I've watched with interest as this award has been hopping from blog to blog. It started here on Roberta Ferguson's blog back on June 18, 2007. I first noticed it on a German sewing blog I read and I've watched as it's hopped all over blogland in recent weeks.

Now I get to choose 5 women bloggers worthy of the "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award. If you get nominated, place your pretty pink badge on your site and then list 5 of your favorite Rockin' Girl Bloggers. The hard part is coming up with five bloggers who haven't already been nominated. There are a lot of excellent sewing blogs out there so I did mangae to find five. :)

1. Debbie - Stitches and Seams. Debbie has already been nominated but as she is on a computer hiatus she may have missed it. Debbie, maybe this will encourage you to write a blog entry. I miss reading your blog. Come out, come out, where ever you are

.2. Lori - Girls in the Garden.

3. Melissa - Susie Homemaker.

4. Beth - Rusty Bobbin.

5. Trena- Slapdash Sewist. I'm not sure if Trena is back from her Big Fat Greek Holiday or if she even reads my blog but I read hers and enjoy it.



All I can say is WOW Belinda, what a treat you find my blog worth reading ~ it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :-)

So here I post my "badge" of honor and nominate the following (in no particular order):

1. Miss Celie's Pants

2. Stacy Sews

3. The Twisted One

4. Erica's DIY Style

5. Fehr Trade


Now I did a little research and don't see that these blogs have been nominated, but if they were I'll just blame it on the fact that it's very late and I should be in bed! ;-)

So my big plan (I'm posting this to hold myself accountable), is to sew a pair of pants (or two if things go well) tomorrow for my middle son as he still only has one pair of pants to wear to school. Thankfully last week was warm on the days he went to Kindergarten so he was able to wear shorts. I have been doing some sewing - shirts for DD, but I really need to make a list and get myself organized and kick it into high gear since it looks like cooler weather is on the horizon, plus I'm itching to sew myself some stuff for fall too so I need to get these school clothes finished up.

Nitey- Nite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! It's 1:24 AM & I had too much Diet Coke, too!! (Only 1 c.) I SURE wish I could have gone on the Portland Sewing Tour with you!! Really glad you had fun!!
This is my 1st visit to your website. Your children are BEAUTIFUL, happy, and healthy looking!
Soft hug, Rhonda