Saturday, July 21, 2007

I love Ottobre!!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I made a t-shirt from the 2/07 issue of Ottobre Woman magazine. The first one I made was using the size 38 pattern (normally I'm a 36 in Ottobre tops), but I had read several reviews saying the pattern ran small, so I decided to just size up and avoid the pain of making a top that was too small. Well it turned out to be a mistake. While the first top is cute, it's a little loose. I then made a size 36 and it fits beautifully! It was so easy too, plus I love the scoop neck. I posted a review with more of the details about the sizing and where to buy the magazine if you don't have your own copy.

On a sad note (LOL), my new fall issue of Ottobre didn't arrive today. I was so bummed when I opened my mailbox and that gorgeous white envelope was not waiting for me, but atlas I have other projects to do so it's not like I *need* it, I just could want to lay my paws on it and see all the new kids patterns I have at my fingertips. Hopefully it will come before we leave for our little weekend trip to DH's second cousin's wedding (it surely will be here by Thursday, right?????). Sure hope so!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I got mine (GA) yesterday, so I'm sure yours will be there before your trip!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, that is one nice top.
I am thinking seriously of subscribing to Ottobre after seeing all the good reviews.
Hopefully your new magazine will arrive in time for some browsing on your trip.

mermaids said...

the ottobre top, while simple, looks so much better than the burda ones. ottobre rocks once again. :)

teri