Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

I've been tagged for a "get to know you better" blog questionnaire by Claire of http://sewingislikechocolate.blogspot.com/! :-)

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

Gosh 10 years ago I had just became a mommy to my first born! I quit my job the day she was born and have been at home with the kids ever since. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with them. I cherish that I've been able to watch them each grow from a helpless little creature into fine young people. God is good ~ children really are such a wonderful blessing!

2.) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

These are actually for tomorrow since the day is almost over.

a) Get the kids up and off to school.
b) Go to Portland to pick up some bulldozer parts for my hubby (he may leave work early so e can go together).
c) Laundry and dishes (a day never goes by without those jobs since there are 6 of us in the house).
d) Embroider 6 pairs of bloomers for a customer (my side business - PoshPunkins)
e) Take the kids to their last swimming lesson until fall - they have all come so far in 5 months, I'm one proud mama!

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Well chocolate of course! I also really like ice cream (strawberry is my fav) and popcorn too, just depends if I'm in a sweet or salty mood.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

I honestly don't think we'd change our lifestyle much. I'm not really much of a glitzy-glam gal, but I'd definitely have hubby quit his job right away! We'd pay off our house (and maybe even get a new one, but I do like our house rather well), build our deck, expand our kitchen & laundry room, take a Disney Cruise with the kids and then spend 2 weeks at Disney World (I'd fly Vonnevo & her hubby out to go with us because I know how much they love all things Disney!), and get a housekeeper (maybe Alice Nelson from the Brady Bunch would move in???). I'm sure there are other things I'd do too, but that is right off the top of my head.

5) Places I have lived:

Just Washington

6.) Jobs I have had:

I haven't had too many jobs. My first actual job was a junior volunteer (aka Candy Striper) at the local hospital. I started when I was in 8th grade and worked until the end of my junior year in high school. I loved that position and can see myself going back there once the kids are older. I volunteered more than 400 hours and it was always an enjoyable time for me. My first paying job was at Burger King when I was 15 1/2. It was short lived because they only wanted me to come in and smash trash on Sunday during lunch time. Then I got a job at Papa Murphy's Pizza. I worked there for about a year until I got a job through my high school at a local engineering office as a clerical assistant. I held that job from the end of my junior year though my third year in college (only work on summer break and Christmas holiday while in college). Then I moved on to First Interstate Bank as a teller (where I met DH - he was my customer), I worked there for one summer break and one Christmas holiday. My last job was at a local bank and I worked there for a little over a year until I had my daughter.

7.) 6 peeps I wanna know more about (and in no particular order):

a) Amy at http://www.alittlebusy.com/myblog/

b) Jeannine at http://sewpink.wordpress.com/

c) Stacy at http://www.stacysews.com/

d) Dawn at http://twoontwooff.blogspot.com/

e) Karen at http://lifewithellabella.wordpress.com/

f) Lilia at http://www.bloglines.com/myblogs

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Melissa, thank you for playing along. I have really enjoyed reading about those I've tagged and others have tagged. This was fun!!

Anonymous said...

I meant to add this to my entry today and completely forgot! ACK... new baby brain (a.k.a. lack of sleep) is much worse than my pregnancy brain!

Joanna said...

It was fun to learn a little bit about ya! I just bought a pattern to make myself a shirt--I totally blame you for that, by the way. Now I just have to work up the courage....wish me luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.