Monday, November 05, 2007

A Blouse & Christmas Sewing Ideas

I had a fairly productive weekend. We went no where (which was fine by me, I'm happy staying home), so I worked on something for *me*! I have wanted/needed a white blouse or two in my wardrobe for ages (tho I might regret white since I have four messmakers that live with me - five if you count daddy). I recently picked up McCalls 5471 because it's a great blouse (pieces for A/B, C, & D cup sizes) and lots of great variations for the sleeves. I made view B with the puffed sleeves and it's turning out lovely. I have to finish the collar and then add the buttons so I'm on the downhill slide. Maybe it will get finished today after I get my housework done.


The countdown is on for Christmas and it's time to start sewing for your friends & loved ones. For the month of November, Sew Mama Sew will post a new gift sewing idea each day (30 in all ~ 5 have already been posted). So pop on over and check it out, there are some great ideas and tutorials available!

Also, I'd like to bring your attention to a podcast I recently found and absolutely love. It's called Sew Forth Now. A fellow PR member (LoriV) hosts this podcast and each show has a wealth of information for sewing fanatics like myself. You can visit the Sew Forth Now blog to read the show notes for each episode as well as download prior episodes and sign up to have the upcoming shows downloaded when they are available - all for free of course! Her most recent show was also on Christmas sewing so there are lots of good ideas there too that you'll want to check out too.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Can't wait to see this! I have loved everyone's versions so far; this is a great pattern.

Anonymous said...

OOOh, I love that pattern! I can't wait to see it finished.

Lori said...

I just finished the same blouse last night, I love it. Thanks for the nice comments on my podcast, I appreciate it. Only 49 days til Christmas!

Cam said...

Great blog, I enjoyed reading