Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day & Swimming Trunks


First off, Happy Memorial Day to all! And my most sincere *thank you* goes out to all the members of the armed forces who have served our country in the past and the present. Your dedication to our country is most appreciated!

In sewing news, I'm working on swimming trunks for my youngest two boys. I picked up Kwik Sew 3430 the other day and some Supplex (nylon) fabric at my local independent fabric store. Her selection of colors were limited, so I had to make due with a few drab choices (one wanted orange - no such luck!). I finished the first pair (a picture will come shortly) and it turned out well, tho I did make some modifications to the pattern (ie no pockets - those just seem to balloon up in the water, omitted the mock fly, and inserted the elastic using my own method because their method was like wresting an alligator!). On the first pair I did a little color blocking, but that proved to be a pain so I am just making solid colored ones for now - both boys will have 2 pairs when I'm finished. DH was very impressed and thought they looked like RTW - they even have the white netted undies on the inside. All in all, I'm happy with this pattern, I just really am into making swimming trunks right now. I have stuff I want to sew for me, but the hot weather is coming this week and I hope to take the kids to the river so they need some new swim trunks desperately.

I did hit Joann's yesterday and grabbed a few patterns - dresses for me, I'll share those as I get to them.

No comments: