Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Ahhh, *the* day of love is upon us again. Actually every day really should be a day of love where we celebrate those who are near and dear to us. Yesterday I decided to share the love by making a big batch of sugar cookies. With the help of my youngest we rolled dough, cut hearts, baked, and then frosted a HUGE plateful of cookies. I'm sure you can imagine the smiles we got when the big kids and daddy came home in the afternoon. And boy are they good, I've already ate WAY too many!


Also, I made myself another boat neck top. I just love this pattern! There was more stash busting too - it's a poly knit from Joann's that I've had for eons.

Lastly, I had a fellow sewing mama pass along a "Thank You" award to me on her blog ~ thank you Sabrina!!!

I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day!!! :-)

8 comments:

Jacqui said...

Yummy cookies! I'm making heart shaped brownies tonight. That is a great top, BTW. Hopefully I'll be able to make it soon. Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was very nice of Sabrina. She is such a nice lady. The cookies look yummy. I hope to get some cupcakes done today. Like the shirt too. Fits wonderfully.
Happy Valentines Day!

Marita said...

Happy Valentine's (belated):-) that's one gorgeous print!!!

Amy said...

Those cookies look better than from a bakery! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Yummy cookies (bikkies as we call them here in Oz)and another fabulous boat neck top. Both look great Melissa :) I traced the boat neck top pattern last night - the style is one of my favourites too.

Nancy Winningham said...

Thanks for sharing your sleeve alteration on this. The thing I didn't like about this top in the magazine was the gathers at the top of the sleeve! I like your so much better that now I'm going to make this one!

Lori said...

Melissa, I left an award on my blog, check it out.

Sew Shy said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I just saw your top - we made the same top in the exact same fabric on the exact same weekend!! Great minds...