I've been tagged by my friend Rhonda of Rhoto's Rag to answer this Christmas Questionnaire, so without further ado, here ya go ~
1) Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, tho I occasionally use a gift bag. Wrapping paper provides no peeking, so it's better in my house!
2) Real tree or artificial? I honestly would love to have a real tree, but we have an artificial one and have since we got married.
3) When do you put up your tree? Right after Thanksgiving - well within a week or so.
4) When do you take the tree down? Usually a few days after Christmas. By then I'm sick of it and am ready for things to get back to "normal".
5) Do you like eggnog? Yes, but rarely have a glass.
6) Favorite gift received as a child? I think the year I got my first Cabbage Patch Kid! I was elated and my dad well threw a lot to get them for my sister and me (no beating up people, but visiting Toys R Us daily until he got them, thankfully it was close by his business).
7) Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes ~ a pretty one I bought at Costco right after I got married.
8) The hardest person to buy for? Usually my step-dad, not sure why.
9) The easiest person to buy for? I think my daughter. She's such a girly girl and I'm a girly girl too so it is easier and getting more fun each Christmas!
10) The worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know actually, must have not been too awful because I can't think of one!
11) Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, and usually I have them ready to go by Dec 1st.
12) Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story
13) When do you start shopping for Christmas? There is no definite time, just when I see something that is perfect for someone on my list - it could be February, but serious shopping by the beginning of November. I don't like to deal with all the crazy people out unless it's on my terms, not because I'm in dire need to find a gift.
14) Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but in my defense it's been for our family gift exchange and it's like a white elephant thing.
15) Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Just about any kind of sweets.
16) Clear lights or colored on the tree? Our tree is prelit with both clear and colored, but I prefer clear lights.
17) Favorite Christmas song? We have a Frank Sinatra CD and I love his version of "Go Tell It on the Mountain" - there is just something about it. I don't really consider it a Christmas song, but it must be since it's on the CD
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay in our local area, but travel to our parents' homes for holiday festivities (they both live about 20 minutes away).
19) Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, & Rudolph (not sure if I spelled them all correct tho!).
20) Angel on the tree top or a star? We actually have Mickey Mouse on our tree (we bought it for our first tree and plan to use it every Christmas - this is #12 he's topped our tree!).
21) Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, tho the kids do get to open one gift on Christmas Eve (pj's I make for them).
22) Most annoying thing about this time of year? The commercialism that has come to ruin the holiday. It actually makes me ill when I think about it. It has just gotten so out of hand.
23) What is the "corniest" family tradition you do or miss doing? I'm not sure it's really corny, but we love to drive around and look at the lights together with Christmas Carols playing on the radio in the car. I also love to bake and decorate cookies with the kids - oh and gingerbread houses if we have time.
24) Ugliest Christmas decorations ever invented? Anything that has only all blue lights - there is something about all blue lights that just don't jazz me (sorry if I offend you - to each his or her own, right?).
25) Which looks the best...theme trees or homey trees? I actually love both. We have a homey tree with all the ornaments the kids have made at school, from places we've visited, and other "milestones" like first Christmas, etc.
26) What does Christmas mean to you? To me, Christmas is about celebrating with my family and friends and remembering the birth of Jesus. After all, he's the reason for the season.
All right, hope you made it through the list - I'm tagging Stacy of Stacy Sews since I know she's doing anything to avoid packing so she can move into her new home! :-)
Merry Christmas to everyone, may you have a peaceful and joyous holiday season!