Monday, August 13, 2007

Yes, I'm still here...

Gosh I'm a terrible Blogger lately and for that I'm so sorry! The craziness of life is catching up with me and I honestly haven't gotten any sewing done at all in the past week. Such is life I know, but I love to sew and it makes me sad when I don't have time to sew. On a bright note, I have managed to "pattern shop" my Ottobre back issues in search of clothing to make the kids for back-to-school. I also looked through some of my Burda WOF magazines and pattern shopped for myself as well. Unfortunately there are so many things I want to make and I know there is not enough time to make everything I want to (I need a battery pack so I never have to sleep! LOL).

I have managed to get a few Ottobre patterns traced out for the kids and did go through the fabrics and found most of what I will use (all stash, yippee!!! - that does say something about my stash tho doesn't it???). I really want to make all mix & match things for my daughter tho. Last year I was very bad about making this and that and not much went with each other. So this year I have a new plan (shall we say SWAP - sewing with a plan) and shall make her things that go with one another - what a novel idea! I also had her try on her old clothes and see what still fits so I can figure out how to incorporate those items into my sewing. I plan to sew in a SWAPish sort of way for myself too. I'm not sure what the color scheme will be - I really like black and pink so I might go that route. This may be hard for me because I like so many colors. Thankfully the boys are much easier - everything goes with jeans, khaki pants, etc. ~ hallelujah!!!!

3 comments:

mermaids said...

while i never officially did the SWAP thing, it sort of naturally happened with my boys. my oldest preferred reds and blues. my youngest was drawn to oranges and greens. yes, it is a bit easier with boys because their pants tend to more basic colors....and there are not nearly as many cute fabrics from which to choose.

good luck with the sewing!

teri

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to be more mindful of what I'm sewing for my daughter for this fall. This is the first time I'm really planning her wardrobe instead of just sewing whatever strikes my fancy. It's fun and a bit overwhelming, but exciting, too!

Anonymous said...

I think a back to school swap is a fantastic idea! I'm anxious to see what all you sew up for her - and I'm secretly jealous, I'm 'not allowed' to sew for my daughter this year!